George Michael
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register  
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages    Log in 

Could George Michael Have Been the King of Pop?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    George Michael Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Could George Michael Have Been the King of Pop? Reply with quote

Steven Spears of the Stuck in the ‘80s blog ponders, with the passing of the King of Pop, if not for Jackson, who else might have ruled music during the decade of big hair and infectious beats? Not surprisingly, George Michael is at the top of the shortlist of names. Writes Spears, “He left one best-selling group to go solo and found even more success. That sounds a lot like M.J. But aside from the obnoxious ‘Choose Life’ neon shirts from Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go and the ripped-jeans look from his solo videos, his trendsetting accomplishments don't really stack up.”

Spears also mentions Springsteen, Bono, Madonna, and Boy George, before more or less settling on Prince as the coulda-been ultimate royalty of ’80s pop, had Jackson faded into obscurity. However, the comments suggest a lot of ongoing support for George Michael. What do you think? Could George have been the King of Pop?

Read the whole story here: http://blogs.tampabay.com/80s/2009/06/if-not-for-michael-jackson-who-would-have-ruled-as-king-of-pop-during-the-80s.html.
Flaaver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So informative things are provided here, I really happy to read this post, I was just imagine about it and you provided me the correct information I really bookmark it, for further reading, So thanks for sharing the information.

gelato supplies
ronrafa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very informative and useful site. I have to admit, that I always follow your site because it is full of various information, especially touching ones. While reading this your entry I have found some new information, which I have not known before.

internet cafe business
anna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject: king of pop? Reply with quote

speaking of king of pop would be david bowie but how did michael jackson become king of pop?
but to king of all music is george michael
i made a nice small george fan page
http://www.georgios-panayiotou.simplesite.com/
Arrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    George Michael Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

George Michael Forum Forum Index